Parents play an integral role in the educational success of their children.
- We are our children's first teachers, and we are their lifelong teachers.
- Parents have the responsibility to advocate for their children and help to teachers identify and understand the individual needs of each child.
- The burden of educational success is too great for teachers to shoulder alone; the best way for students to succeed in the classroom is through support in the home.
- Parents should work with teachers and administrators to choose the curriculum that is used to educate their children. Parents also need to have a working knowledge of that curriculum so that they can assist in teaching both in the classroom and at home.
We believe in public education.
- Our children as well as our community will benefit when they learn to work with other people of varying backgrounds-- ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and otherwise.
- Families should not have to open their own checkbooks to fund their children's K-12 educations when tax dollars are available for that very purpose.